Friday, August 21, 2015

Eleven years since the day that our Moms had tacky miniature gardens pinned to their dresses

That's something to celebrate. 

I mentioned to my Mom that it was our eleventh anniversary this weekend and the first one Braden had been around for in several years. She volunteered to do 300 puzzles with Elise so that we could go away for the night. She didn't know that's what she volunteered for, but I did. I decided not to tell her that until after she had arrived. And actually, to make matters worse, she didn't do 300 puzzles, she did the same 5 puzzles 300 times. 

Meanwhile, in romanticland, Braden, Emmett, and I checked into our hotel room where we were met with some fun surprises like urine in the sink and gangsters yelling at each other at 2 in the morning. We shook off the horrors of that night by yard-saling and consuming delicious food at the Stray Dog Cafe. Then we went to the theatre so that Braden could see a movie and I could walk the halls with a crying Emmett.

We went on a jog together and ate Big Truck Tacos.

We also got to sneak away to the temple and for that I am truly grateful.

Takeaways from the weekend:

1) My parents are sweetie pie sugar faces for driving all the way up here to babysit our maggots.
2) Never book travel reservations through Groupon. There is a reason they need to be on Groupon, and it's probably because people are dying at their establishment. 
3) Emmett is a low maintenance, prone to happiness sort of a character. Except in movie theatres. The kid is three for three in this department and I've sworn off taking him ever again. Until he can buy his own ticket. And mine. Because he owes me. 
4) In doesn't matter what we're doing, as long as we're together. A little corny, a little cliche, totally true. He's my very best and most favorite friend of all time for the rest of forever in the whole universe. We're having shirts made. Oh wait, we had people made- I guess that sends the same message. 




No comments: