Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Reynolds Reunion- 2015

In late July we trekked back to Utah for the reunion. We weren't planning on going, but due to the new happenings with Braden's heart, he was removed from training and was able to take leave. And we just refuse to turn down the chance to drive forty hours in a minivan with our small children. In all reality, the journey there was half the fun. There's a life lesson there I believe. Even with the hot moments when our air went out and the gross moments when Elise had a blowout in her seat. And then she puked in her seat. But these are the building blocks of our kids friendships with each other.  We had hilarious moments. I can't remember them because I waited seven years to blog about it, but you can see from the pictures that they were miles well traveled. 
 One of our favorite "restaurants" on the trip. It was legit. She had her business license framed on the ....tree.
I'd say a little girl with a bouquet of wildflowers is among the things I shall greatly miss in a future day.
 Indian fry bread for lunch
This is what Emmett did the majority of the trip. I just like that boy so very much.











Cody had access to a boat the day before the reunion, so naturally we had a preunion at the lake with half the family.

We surprised Melanie with a cousin night before the reunion started. Seeing her face and her insta-tears might have been one of my favorite moments of the year. These are some of the dearest friends to my heart and I cherish every minute with them.
The OG's. 
The additions


Maisey and Tigue are two peas in a pod.
Elise really bonded with Morgen over the course of the week. Now whenever I wear a bandana she asks me if I'm Morgen.
Mia and Emmett were special friends as well.








How I wish these moments happened more than once a year.
Maisey's birthday was the last day of the reunion. Unfortunatley, by that time all those days of very very little sleep had caught up with her and she was a hot mess. She was a miserable ball of crying disasterness. She got to have her whole family at her party, complete with dress ups, all things unicorn, root beer floats, and a dance party. 





No comments: