Today was not a phenomenal day of homeschooling. It wasn't terrible either. But so much whining. From everyone. About everything. Which spurred a Family Home Evening lesson from me about attitude. I decided to let Elise stay up for it even though it was starting at 7, which is her bed time. I felt a little sad because she has been missing them and I have been missing her at them. It was by far my best decision of the day. All throughout the lesson she would loudly interject "NO CRYING!" and "DON"T BE RUDE". And at one point, "POCKETS"! , just because she loves clothes with pockets. She was by far the best behaved child of the day, and she is on most days as a matter of fact. I asked everyone to think of a person who displays a positive attitude and some of the things they do that stand out. Elise was the most popular answer.
I think her trademark behavior that we will talk about until the end of forever is her ability to turn around any sadness or disappointment by SUDDENLY and DRAMATICALLY shouting, "happy, happy, happy!!" while putting on a giant smiley face and pointing to her dimples. I hope this image of her is seared into my brain forever. And I hope she never loses this gift of flexibility. She puts most adults I know to shame, myself included, when it comes to just getting over stuff. Bless her heart. I simply adore her.
No comments:
Post a Comment