Sunday, January 17, 2016

generations of fun

I took Lila to stay with my parents and Grandma for a week. It was a rare opportunity where several factors aligned and we thought we better take advantage of that. Mom worked on school with her and she got to play games with great grandma. She reported to me that they ate donuts for breakfast and she hardly drank any water because she could have all the milk she wanted. She watched (and re-watched) a movie called "He Knows my Name" which was about a little girl getting to know Jesus. Of course, that spoke to her heart and she loved it. 

We stayed for a few days when we went to pick her up. Braden went to a movie with my Dad and I got to go shopping and talk with my Mom. I also went to the adult night of stake conference with my Dad. I had conversations with my parents that I really treasure and appreciate. I was able to hear several stories from Grandma that increased my love and admiration for her. 

I feel so blessed to have had these wonderful experiences lately.   











Here's Emmett in a perfect setting with perfect lighting, looking terribly dashing, and being a cry baby. Suck it up and take one for the team, man. This is the first time you've been out of jammies in a week! Maybe that's why he's crying. He just wants to be zipped back into some footies. In that case, his crying is reasonable and he is forgiven for ruining a would-be perfect picture. 

No comments: