Emmett came through for us in the birthday entertainment department. Big time.
I have never seen a baby demolish a cake like that. And so quickly. I was up all night with him because of a tummy ache, but I've lost sleep for many a less noble cause.
We blew up some balloons and put them in the jump house and watched him bounce around, wondering all the while where did that year go?!?
This little guy has settled right into the gushy ample part of my heart that I didn't know existed. The part that was set aside just for loving a son.
Most nights before I fall asleep I think about the kids and (having just nursed him) think about how absolutely blessed I feel to end each day cradling this mighty spirit.
I am blessed to know every curve of his little cheeks and to have memorized his big mis-shapen head with my hands.
I often hold him tight to my face before putting him in his bed. I whisper in his ear all the things I want for him. To be a powerful missionary. An unwavering disciple of Christ. A loving son and brother. A selfless husband and devoted father. I thank him for coming to our family and tell him how completely full he makes my heart. With each whisper in his little ear he squirms into me and giggles, eyes squinted, flashing his freshly sprouted teeth. But it's only for a moment because then he holds perfectly still, with a hint of a smile, waiting for his next secret.
From his wobbly walk to his constant need for a ball, this boy has my heart. He readily complies with all my requests for kisses and he spent the night of his birthday saying "mama".
He has brought so much joy to our family.
It is a delight to watch him grow.
![]() |
| He kept trying to climb out of his sink bath to get to the cake. We were beside ourselves with laughter. |
![]() |
| His present from me. One year is long enough to go without checkered suspenders if you ask me. |
![]() |
| love when makes this face |
![]() |
| Lila and Maisey make him presents |
![]() |
| Braden and I ended the day as we love to when we have babies this age. With all the big kids tucked in bed, we sit around and watch the toddlings and antics of this emerging personality. |
![]() |
| Another one of his funny tricks |
![]() |
| He can stand and take a few steps |
![]() |
| balloon chasing |















































No comments:
Post a Comment