I find myself constantly weighed down with the feeling of not accomplishing all that I need to.
I read a quote today that said something about realizing all the good you do instead of feeling like you're not enough.
Then I took a moment and took stock of the day.
I woke up at five to take care of (a naughty and annoying) dog.
I taught three kids who are in three different grades, around 5 subjects each.
I nursed a baby three times.
I cleaned the kitchen. Three times.
I made meals for seven people. Three times.
I took five kids grocery shopping.
I took Anabelle to her church class.
I managed chores. I cleaned Maisey's room.
I snuggled, and read, and sang, and listened.
I worked out.
I read my scriptures.
I was busy.
Literally every moment of the day.
In the most wonderful, fulfilling, exhausting way.
It is 9:30 pm now and I honestly have not had a moment to myself since I woke up.
Now I have counters to wipe and laundry to fold and bathrooms to clean and meals to plan for two sick friends tomorrow.
But I feel so happy.
I listed the things I did, but I hope it was more than that.
I hope my love and devotion shines through to the kids in all of my "doing".
Sometimes I'm short with them. Sometimes I'm only half listening to them tell me their favorite part of a cartoon that they watched two years ago at the neighbors house, because I'm trying to pay bills and schedule appointments and upload pictures and plan my Young Women's lesson and research tomorrow's science experiment.
For all that I don't get done, and for all that I do get done, but not in the way I want, I hope they know that I love them more than I can ever in a million years describe. My heart feels like it might burst with the love I have for them.
I feel so very grateful to spend my days in this way.
I am thankful beyond measure for our full lives. Full house, full van, full table, full laundry baskets and trash cans and to-do lists, full cupboards, full fridge, FULL HEART,
No comments:
Post a Comment