There has been a big push within the church lately to "make the Sabbath a delight". I have appreciated the counsel. I don't think we had any major lifestyle changes to make, but even the small shifts we did make have been lovely. Instead of me spending the day in the kitchen working on a big nice Sunday meal, we all played outside together. In fact I totally lost track of the time and didn't cook dinner at all. I ran off to a meeting, and Braden fed them cold cereal for dinner before putting them in bed because he had a presidency meeting at our house. I appreciate the focus on togetherness and simplicity. Braden helped the older three plant sunflower seeds. I followed the two littles around, watching Elise's performances and spying on her games. Emmett was intent on playing in the road, eating acorns and throwing dirt in his own eyes. He can be trusted for exactly zero minutes by himself.
Had I been inside making and cleaning dinner, I would have missed all of the following moments.
![]() |
![]() |
































































No comments:
Post a Comment