Wednesday, April 13, 2016

An answered prayer

Anabelle was participating in a church talent show for the activity days girls. While most other girls had partnered up, she decided to perform the cup song. Alone. Except she's afraid of performing. I was surprised by her choice but expressed my confidence in her. As I sat next to her throughout the program, I just watched her nerves begin to eat her up. She was fidgeting. She was bouncing. She leaned over and told me that her stomach hurt. With just one act before hers, I leaned over and told her that I had just said a prayer for her and encouraged her to do the same. I found that my nerves matched hers, wanting so much for her to perform as she wanted to. She started out perfectly and then soon came to a hiccup. She momentarily forgot the words. She looked to me and I was too frazzled to think of them. I just smiled and nodded for her to go on. Sitting right in front of me was Cara Gonzales who knew the words and mouthed them big for her to see. Anabelle caught it and picked right up. It was just a matter of seconds and she did really well. I was so proud of her. When she came back to her seat she started crying quietly. She was embarassed that she had messed up. I told her that Heavenly Father had answered both our prayers. He sat someone who knew the words right in front where she could see. In the moment she needed help, He had given it to her. 

A simple testament that He cares about what we care about. And maybe more than that, He wants us to know that in little things as well as the big things, He is always there.


No comments: