Tenth birthday celebrations included:
An apron with an iron on "A" that she could color.
A kitchen set that she wanted desperately for their perpetual game of "restaurant".
A book, some clothes, and a surprise appearance from her Dad, who drove home from Texas to be there for her party. The Gaytand and the Woodwards came over for dinner and ice cream sundaes. She got a gymnastics leotard, running shoes, the Harry Potter book, and a horse craft to paint.
In the morning I found a babysitter for Emmett, dressed the girls in fancy dresses, and took them to a tea party. Did you know that if you give someone fifty dollars they will remove the crusts from your marshmallow and peanut butter sandwhich, and replace it with pink sprinkles? I'm thinking of making a late career switch. It did accomplished my goal of making Anabelle feel really special and loved. She is an absolutely terrific person. My life is blessed everyday by her goodness. To think it's been a solid decade is beyond mind blowing. This girl with limitless potential is going to change the world, I can feel it.
No comments:
Post a Comment