Monday, October 3, 2016

G to the Conference- fall edition

This weekend was General Conference. We hunkered down as usual and I've decided that the top of the play house is the ideal spot. It's easier to feel the spirit up there. I think it rises, like heat you know? And even if I'm wrong about that I have to help the kids less because I'm waaaaaay up there (three steps), and I'm not coming down for just any ol reason. And if we're being honest, I started up there because we had the missionaries and an investigator over so I was forced into giving up my comfy throne. I sat by Lila who just sat. For 8 hours she just sat. She never played with a toy. She didn't talk to a sibling. She barely even ate any snacks. She was remarkably still and silent. And then I found her notes. And I cried. Because I just love her. She had such a rough week in school. She just had no focus. It was like she was in a cloud. And then we sat her in front of prophets and the spirit was so strong and it just pulled her out of that cloud. And her mind was open and her heart was open and it was beautiful. There was a communication there that transcended learning disabilities or chromosomal duplications. The spirit spoke to her soul, which has absolutely no limitations.
Anabelle did great as well. She took impressive notes and colored and commented on talks and laughed at jokes. I love having a child that gets the gospel.
Maisey had an assignment to listen for the word  'missionary' and she took that very seriously. There was candy involved. She was diligent.
The E team proved to be irreverent once again. My strategy is just to keep feeding them so they'll stop talking. I think it takes the edge off but it's not ideal. I made just under 100 muffins and still they chattered. I hope they get it together by April.







No comments: