I love this boy, heart and soul. He makes my hard days bearable and my good days that much better. It is impossible to spend time with him and maintain gloom. Because of the hilarity. And the sweetness.
Like yesterday when I was taping his new diaper shut and he started waving feverishly while yelling, "BYEEEEEE PENIS!!"
Or the first time I asked him to say the prayer. He folded his arms, bowed his head, and began to pray. With each phrase he bent over, face right over his plate, and whispered to his food. In between phrases or words he would sit back up. It was clear that he thought he was supposed be praying or talking to his food. I could maintain no amount of reverence once I realized what he was doing.
When he wakes up, he likes to "open kitchens". That means open chickens. Which means open his blinds so he can look out the window and see our neighbors chickens.
He always comes out of his room yelling, "Girls? Where are you girls?"
He loves cars and trucks and balls and trains and planes and somehow, Batman. I don't even know how. He saw it at the store, I told him the name, he started saying it in a fabulous voice, and now it's a regular part of his life. Just like that.
He loves to throw dirt at Zeus and wrestle his sisters and growl at us in his scariest voice.
At dinner on Sunday night he ate his plate of spaghetti and meatballs and then he asked for more. Then he ate Elise's and then Maisey's--which made all three of them happy.
He kicks with his left foot, and he's got a solid pass.
He's passionate about shoes and can always be found in Elise's closet trying all of hers on. Right now if you try something on him that he doesn't want to wear he tells you it's "too fit".
He loves to snuggle up with sisters and watch a show.
He has the best manners in our family, honestly. We went camping this weekend and he slept in my sleeping bag with me. In the middle of the night my stomach growled and he said, "Excuse me".
He chatters all day long and holds really great conversations.
He is so ticklish and so pleasant and just so intensely great.
He is the first to give a hug and ask whats wrong if he sees anyone is upset.
I used to have to pin him down on the floor to brush his teeth. But then he started liking it so I let him do it himself. Now he goes to the floor and lays himself down while he gets the job done.
My most favorite is our goodnight ritual. I hold him and rock him in the chair. I sing him "I am a child of God". He only repeats the phrase " needs are great" (not sure if that's a warning?). Then I tell him I love him and then he says "so much forever". And then I say "I love you so much forever" and then he says "I love you mama so much forever". And then I tell him that he makes me happy and he says " I make happy". And I thank him for making me happy and he says "your welcome". And I put him in bed and we say it all again until I make it to the door ( after lots of kisses and his blanket, cat, monkey, and shark are tucked in with him).
And my heart feels like it could bust wide open with all the love he has stuffed inside of it.
![]() |
| Chasing butterflies. So cute I allowed him to trample my flowers. |



















No comments:
Post a Comment