I know that seems hasty, and probably even wrong. But listen:
-he takes several long naps throughout the day
-never argues/disobeys/talks back
-eats what I prepared for him, when I give it to him, and finishes all his food
-has poop that doesn't smell like poop
-has hair that doesn't need to be braided
I mean, it can't be helped. The others have the same opportunities, they're just not taking them.
Do you know what's more magical than having a brand new, fresh baby snuggling on your shoulder?
Not a dang thing.
The trick is waiting your turn to get him. He's pretty popular and his available hours are pretty limited. Lucky for me, I get him most of his waking time. Unlucky for me I'm stifling tears through most of it. BUT- he's just so sweet. He has such a sweet and patient disposition. His aforementioned qualities have won him the chance to sleep in my bed. In fact, he has sort of taken over my bed during the day, and he crashes on the couch in our room at night. I know the habit of sleeping all day on your parents couch will eventually be frowned upon, but for right now it's working for him.
We are all so smitten by him. It's no wonder that he is already sick. Too much germy love. Out of the hundreds of kisses he's received in the last two weeks, a few of them were bound to be contaminated.
I am so in love with this little guy. And so very grateful he is here and part of us.
| Emmett came in and announced that he needed to take a picture of baby brother. As soon as he held the camera up to his eye, Levi broke out into a grin. It's the beginning of a great brotherly bond. |
| Maisey reading him a good night story. Obviously he had heard that one before. |
| Lila waiting for him to wake up |
No comments:
Post a Comment