Yesterday I was stepping out of the shower to hear Anabelle yelling at me. Now every time I step out of the shower it's a time of great anticipation and wonder. I wonder what Anabelle's been doing to my house, I'm wondering if I stowed Lila in a safe enough hiding place or if she gave herself away by squealing. I'm wondering who she has called on my cell phone and hoping that she hasn't launched the web browser or activated song recognition which costs four bucks a pop. So I hear her yelling at me and it sounds like she's saying "Mom, it's Tigger". It's a logical thing to conclude- I had just given her a drink in a Tigger cup a few minutes before. But she keeps repeating it over and over- something she does if you don't respond or if she knows you don't know what she means. So after about the 10th time of me saying "Yeah Tigger", I come out to check and see that she actually must have been saying, "Mom, it's sugar!" She got down a bucket with 5 pounds of sugar in it, brought it to my room, opened it and ate it through the duration of my shower. I'm glad to have no way of knowing how much she actually ate. But her face was caked with the paste that forms from saliva and sugar-all the way up to her cheek bones. It was all over my floor, not from dumping, you could just tell that she had been shoveling it in by the handfulls. I took it away and this is how that went...

I tried to tell her it wasn't healthy to eat sugar like that and she calmed down, took a breath, and said, " Yeah, we have to cook it first". Right.
A similar thing happened last week when she was jumping on my bed. I thought she was saying to me, " Mom I need to fly first". She likes to hop on my bed, then jump off and calls it flying. We were in a hurry to go somewhere so I was trying to get ready and I kept saying "Ok go ahead". But she kept saying, "Is that OK Mom, Is that OK?" I hear a small squeal from Lila and look over to see that Anabelle had picked up Lila chest to chest and was swinging her around. It was then that I realized what she must have been saying was "I need to fly
HER". Key word. Missed that one. Lila's ok. We're working on annunciation.
5 comments:
Julie- thanks for your stories they always make me smile and boy did i need a smile today since porter wasn't causing many of them the little stinker. glad to see things are going better for your little family :)
that is Hilarious!! i can't wait for stories like these with Jackson-even though it's been quite an adventure already. we miss seeing you guys and hope things are going well!! Josh, Erin, and Jackson
ok connor, quick hide under the blanket and the cops wont see us hurry!!! remember we thought that night was the worst night of our lives? your guy off on a mission and mine away to college? one thing is for sure, that night is one of the funniest nights of my life. I will never forget it. good times hiding from cops with you. (dont worry everyone, julie isn't a bad girl, we were just trespassing.)
You should write a book about Anabelle. Did I spell that right?
Ha! That is awesome. Love it. I can't even think about taking showers when treyton is awake anymore. Too many mishaps. You are such a great mom. I wish you guys lived closer. That would be so fun. Nobody here is quite like Julie. I miss it!
Post a Comment