I found her like this one morning after she had apparently done some late night reading.
Thursday, August 20, 2009
Celebrity Mail
Today we're writing a letter to Dolly Parton. To say Thanks. I can't take any more of her awesomeness without sending her some toddler-crayoned-glue and glitter-love. Not only does she have really big.....well, anyway- she has a really big heart. As if it wasn't enough that she was in Steel Magnolias, she has a program called Imagination Library that we are a part of. They send each child enrolled (under the age of 5) a new book every month. So twice a month, we have super exciting trips to the mailbox. The other twentysomething days turn out to be quite a let down, and in truth, a bit depressing. And the books she sends are great books. Braden and I are just as excited as Anabelle because by the end of the month we have likely read the last one 78 times and have had it memorized for weeks, so we're just as anxious for new material. Last week she got the book, "The Gruffalo", which I already knew and loved. After reading this to her for the bajillionth time that night, I started calling her Gruffabelle. Whilst picking her nose, and in the nasaly voice that results from it, she says, "No. I am a Pickalo". So you can see that Dolly's efforts to bring literacy into our home are rewarding us in mighty ways.


I found her like this one morning after she had apparently done some late night reading.
I found her like this one morning after she had apparently done some late night reading.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
They don't have in it mt area, and that makes me sad :(
Wow that sounds like an awesome program, thanks for sharing!! I will have to sign up my boys so they can have little people book club :)
Oh, I LOVE that program!!! I really wish it was offered in more areas. We've been getting books for Michael since he was...I think 10 months old or something. So now that's he's almost 3.5, we have SOOO many books! But we love it. I can't wait to have this baby so we can enroll him too!
they dont have it here either... i wonder if there's a book list so we could borrow from the library?!? lucky and so much fun! -anna
found one, should be fun!
I love her program. We get it too. Aren't those little bitty things in life so awesome?
I'm glad to see that lamp is still going strong! I remember the night night we bought that!
Post a Comment