Monday, January 10, 2011

2010


This year, in no particular order...

I got through another pregnancy.

We made it through a 13 week separation from Braden.

Braden graduated from Officer Training School in the Air Force.

We moved to Florida at the end of my pregnancy.

We re-adjusted to living as a normal family- with a mother who functions and a Dad who is around.

We prayed for patience and guidance to help Anabelle with all the adjustments.

Lila learned to talk (ever heard her say 'I love you pinkalicious?' Aint nothin cuter.

Braden has been the most stressed and tested in ABM training than he ever has been- hands down. We all lean on the Lord just a little bit more.

We love to go to the beach. Some of us more than others. The "other" flies his kite, and he is happy.

We realized what great friends we had in Alabama and miss them.

We had our third daughter. She is healthy. She is happy & content. She is a beautiful little miracle and we are thankful every day for her.

We had a lot of house guests since Maisey was born. We have loved that.

We are learning what it means to be outnumbered by children in our household.

We bought a steam cleaner. It was a wise decision.

We moved six hours away from the nearest temple. That has been sad.

We hit that stage of life where everything seems to be about balance. Marriage, children, job, housework, scriptures, physical activities, church responsibilities...how to make it all work in it's proper order. I know that this is the quest at every stage of life but it seems an intense battle when time and energy are so short and the demands are so high.

We spent our first Thanksgiving & Christmas together at home. It was peaceful. Travel with children is to be avoided if at all possible.

Lila did a short stint in the hospital for a scorpion sting.

Anabelle learned where babies came from. I also got a dramatic reminder.

We have health insurance for the first time in our marriage. This has brought a whole new level of peace to my life.

I got the camera I have wanted for so long. Thanks Braden. I hope it captures our lives together for years & years to come.

What a year! Started by throwing up all day & night for months with no husband while living in a ghetto apartment, ended with a squishy fabulous baby, stability, and a house by the beach.

Yes, 2010...you have been good to me.

I really don't think we could feel any more blessed or any more grateful. Anabelle had it right in her prayer last night- "Thank you for our wonderful lives"...

2 comments:

Jessica said...

what a good post! you guys all look so good....little maisey ( sp?) is a doll. love you guys.

The Bischoff's said...

Julie- I LOVE your hair!! So cute!