Earlier today I had a Primary presidency meeting (one more calling for me!) at the park across the street. It went thru Maisey's nap time so I was holding her to keep her happy, & right as we were ending the meeting she finally fell asleep in my lap. Just then, Anabelle fell off a bench she was jumping on, onto the concrete, head first. I carefully & quickly put Maisey in the stroller & ran to pick her up. She seemed like she would be okay, although she was crying a lot & worked up over it. As we were walking home to calm her down, I suggested we go get the mail because I expected a pair of new shoes to come in the mail for her, and what girl doesn't get happy over new shoes? I had left my mailbox key at home so we stopped by quickly to grab it. We all walked into the garage all the way up to the laundry room door. The keys are hanging just past the laundry room so I left the stroller right by the door while I grabbed them. In the 4 seconds I was gone I heard Anabelle scream "NOOOOOOOOOO Lila!" in a panicked voice. I came tearing around the corner to see the tri-wheel jogging stroller rolling very fast down the driveway headed for the street, with Maisey in it, but not buckled, as I had set her in it in a hurry. The stroller was going very fast & getting faster as it rolled down our sloped driveway. As I ran, I just kept expecting it to flip over, as that stroller has a tendency to do, especially as it went over the curb. But it just kept going, getting faster & faster. By the time I made it to her she had crossed to the other side of the streets sidewalk.
Don't know the last time my heart pounded like that. It was one of those moments where I absolutely knew that heaven had intervened on my behalf. I could feel it instantly. On the way to the mailbox Anabelle and I stared at each other with wide eyes. I said to her, "I think Heavenly Father is protecting Maisey". Nodding she said, "I was absolutely scared".
I feel certain that my little family is watched over and protected in countless ways each day, and I am largely unaware of it, probably because of my own stupidity. But today, I got to see it. I felt it. I know that someone intervened on my behalf today, and because of that we came home and played with pet shops & took naps and had leftovers for dinner. The girls flooded the bathroom again and played catch with the ball and asked for more stories. We had family scriptures & prayer & tucked them in. Just another day.
With all of my heart I am thankful for the reminder of Heaven's watchful arms over my family, and especially for this uneventful day. I hope I am better tomorrow because of it. One more round of kisses for those girls and one more prayer of gratitude for keeping them safe.
2 comments:
My heart starting racing, too, as I read your blog! Whew - glad Heavenly Father is watching over you. I miss you guys....Mom
So wonderful to recognize His hand in your life in all the little things. dad
Post a Comment