
What's that Maisey, you're feeling sad because you haven't seen Dad in a week? He's at SERE.

You know, SERE...Survive, Evade, Resist, Escape.

What is he doing there? Well, yesterday he learned how to escape in an urban setting, you know like on the Bourne Identity. I hope driving was not part of the course or our insurance is really going to skyrocket. A lot of the things he does there is classified. But if I had to guess, I would say that they're probably learning to make themselves a turkey sandwich and wash clothes so they can survive during deployments, and it's classified because they don't want their wives to know what they've been trained to do. Just a guess. Everyone who is a "flier" in the AF has to go to this training. In case his plane should ever...well... anyway, he's already been gone for one week, so just three more to go!

Yeah, you've almost got it.
I told Dad about all of your new tricks he's missing and it makes him sad. He's about to go into the field and we won't talk to him all week, can you show him a trick before he goes?

Yes, those are your chompers still hiding in your gums, but that's not really a trick...

Ahhhh, the ol' disappearing eyes. I think he taught you that one. How about your best Dad impersonation?

Perfect!
While you're here trying all sorts of delicious foods like blueberries and noodles, Dad is going to be eating bugs and MRE's, which to him have equal appeal.

Yes, you heard me right, I said eating bugs. No, I'm not going to give you bugs to eat, you can find those yourself. You want to recommend some of your favorites to Dad? No, I'm not continuing with this conversation Maisey, eat some Cheerios for crying out loud.

Sheesh, you don't have to be all huffy about it. You should be grateful for those Cheerios. You know some babies in Africa are eating bugs. Oh. Wait, there you go with the jealousy again.

You're not jealous, it just sounds good and now you're bored with your Cheerios? Sorry.
He also can't shower so I imagine he will smell something like, well you, after you've eaten some peas.

I know, you're tellin me.
What smells worse, Dad at the end of this week, or this inners of your neck?

I'm sorry, that was out of line. I know you can't help it.
What's the first thing you're going to do to Dad when you see him again?

Hey c'mon, don't cry and be mad at him. I know, he didn't even say goodbye to you. It was the middle of the night and I wouldn't let him wake you up. He doesn't want to leave us. He has to. C'mon, show Dad some love.

Ah, there's some kisses. Say good luck Dad, we miss you..
3 comments:
I love all the expressions. Too funny. I hope that you have enough Publix ice cream to survive the next few weeks.
Such a cutie! I look forward to getting to know her. :)
This is quite possibly the best blog post of all time :)
Post a Comment