Thursday, July 14, 2011

People are people no matter how small

Anabelle loves her Pet Shops.

She loves her dress-ups.

But I think her very favorite toy is Maisey.

She does a very good job of helping with Maisey. She frequently rescues her from the stairs, someone who just turned three who hasn't mastered the gentle touch, and beads, bugs, or other chokables on the floor.

BUT, she still has a bit of a disconnect as far as the realization that, at the end of the day, MAISEY IS A PERSON.

I have found that I say that very phrase to her on a semi regular basis. She gets caught up in how cute she thinks Maisey is, combined with the (dangerous) fact that she can pick her up and maneuver her at will. She really enjoys that part.

She sometimes assumes complete ownership over Maisey, which in certain times can be helpful. Maisey will sometimes spend quiet time in Anabelle's room so that I can...blog actually. Which is helpful for me. Right up until her game evolves and Maisey is no longer part of it and she abandons her without another thought. Or when I hear screechy protests and know that I can expect to see Maisey in some sort of costume...or worse.

The other day I sat here at the computer and glanced up as Anabelle went parading her stroller down the hall.






Notice the poses from Anabelle. "What? There's a crumpled up baby in discomfort who is literally busting out of the stroller? Oh, sorry, I hadn't noticed, I was busy smiling and doing my signature flamingo leg for the photo".

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the laugh! I seriously CAN'T wait for you all to get here! :)

Lisa Marie said...

Those pics are hilarious!

Ryan and Tammy said...

Awe, sometimes good things does come from reading blogs, maybe i need to lake Jacob just have rest time instead of WWIII over every nap time. Pictures are so cute Julie. So good to see you guys are doing well. Maybe we'll run into you again living in utah....