Nothing. Nothing at all. It's the sweetest.
Even if they didn't exactly wait for the prayer to start eating. And even if they don't close their eyes.
In other prayer highlights from the week:
Not long after Braden left Lila had just said goodnight to him on skype and went crying and sulking to bed. She walked into her room, knelt by her bed, and said this prayer through hiccups:
"Dear Heavenly Father, thankful that we could talk to Dad. {sniff, sniff, sniff}. And thankful that he would talk to me". That was all. It tugged at my heart.
My friend Jamie had a son who passed away this week. His name is Seth and we have prayed for him for over a year now. The night he died I wondered what Anabelle would say in her prayer instead of praying for him to get better. She said, "Please help Seth and his parents as they are far away from each other". I thought it was perfect. I love to see her simple faith in the gospel.
After we said a breakfast prayer the other morning Lila said, "Where is Jesus?" and before I could answer she said, "Oh, I think he's probably just in my room I guess". And then she took a big bite, apparently satisfied with her own answer.
If it was true it would have been good timing, their room was actually clean.
4 comments:
Oh my goodness! You are doing so well with your sweet girls. Those are sweet little comments that will always be remembered.
So sweet. I love to hear the prayers of little children. They are honest and heartfelt.
Hey ladies. I miss you with all my heart. You're the cutest bunch of girls I have ever laid eyes on. Can't wait to see you again. Hugs and kisses.
Ah, enjoyed catching up - Julie. BTW, I like your poetry........
Post a Comment