28 is great.
Because I went on a trip with my mate.
To celebrate.
It was an overnight date.
We stayed out late.
We had 7 different salsas on our plate.
Burritos and pizza and cake is what we ate.
Then we had a bunch of chocolate & gummy worms which made us gain weight.
We got a hotel in Park City for a half price rate.
We went down the mountains with a sled, not a skate.
We got a military hookup for a bunch of free rides by a dude named Martin, not Nate.
The fallish mountains were gorgeous and we hiked them in zigzags, not straight.
The weather was perfect and it made me glad to live in this state.
We hit some yard sales at some rich folks estate.
I know, I'll stop, it's so bad. I do it to my kids all day. They think I'm funny.
I need to talk to more adults.









If you think it's fun to get in a sleeping bag and dive down a set of stairs, you have got to try this...

Saturday morning we were happy to go to scoop up the sloppy seconds of all the rich Columbia-wearing residents of Park City (where I scored my new favorite pair of jeans for a buck and a beautiful antique bench for $5).
Then we stuffed our guts full of some seriously tasty breakfast at Squatters. Sausage and gravy, sooooooo good.
Then we went back to our hotel to procreate. Wait. The rhyming part is over. Anyways, we just went and sat in the jacuzzi. And I laid out. Next to Braden! He made it a whole ten minutes! Surrounded by beautiful colorful mountains. I require nothing more to make me happy. Well, I wouldn't have turned down a diet Guarana, but it really was my idea of perfect.
Next we decided to hike one of those beautiful mountains. How could we not? I mean look at them?





Happy Birthday to me. I mean, us. We celebrated a week early because he was going to be gone on my actual birthday, and I decided that since he will be gone on his birthday also, we should combine it. Also, our birthdays are exactly six months apart so you don't have to wait so long until your next birthday. Also, you can rationalize spending more money because after all, it is our birthdays.
I find myself sitting here daydreaming of that trip. Is it because the girls are acting out horribly in his absence? Perhaps. But- I just can't get over how great it was to ride the coaster up the mountain, snuggled up together in the fantastic fall sunshine, and then scream our heads off all the way down. I killed four bugs who got stuck to my lip gloss. Totally worth it.
Thanks to Martin for the hookup, Mashay & Jason for watching our sweeties (they are sweet, they are sweet, they are sweet), and Braden for planning an awesome surprise trip.
2 comments:
gorgeous pictures! I so want to be in the mountains right now :)
Sounds like so much fun! I cannot wait to be able to go on a date with my honey. It is coming, slowly, but it is coming. Hang in there Julie! Call me if you need to talk.
Post a Comment