Friday, January 11, 2013
a Park City getaway
The week after Braden came back his Mom was in town for some family reunions. And she kindly agreed to watch the little people so that we could have a sleepover. There is a resort in park City with several hotels that offers active duty military a free nights stay at the hotel of your choice, twice a year. We booked a room, and booked Grandma, and enjoyed a completely fantastic 24 hours. I didn't take a single picture. I just remember it being amazing in every way. And for the sake of history, I thought it imperitive that I take this chance to write my future self a note and say, "DO THIS OFTEN". It was fantastic to be Braden & Julie again. Not as parents or a family but as an "us". We hiked and shopped and ate and swam and watched the Olympics in bed. I have decided getaways are an essential. In fact, I believe it's time for another, before we get hit with 21 diapers per day and zero sleep. And then we'll need another to recover from that. I love our little life of small children who make me gloriously happy every day, and who also make me appreciate sleep and food I didn't cook, and going a whole day without buckling and unbuckling tiny humans in order to get anything accomplished. Bless our fantastic lives and bless our vacations from it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment