Friday, January 11, 2013

A Sunday walk with Lila- October 2012

One of the only things I lament about having multiple children is that I don't get the one on one time with them like I did when I just had Anabelle. Now I get a few hours with just Maisey some days of the week, but I have never had that chance with Lila. And of course, she's not the type to demand it. So last week I took her on a walk to the duck pond. I took my camera because I had wanted to get some fall pictures of her but it soon became very clear that she was not interested in that. Not even kinda a little bit. So I put my camera away (mostly), and just held her hand and walked. We talked about nature and buildings and animals. I didn't try to hurry her along as I always am. I let her dance as she walked. And pick up sticks. And throw leaves. And pet dogs. And she was content. The quickest way to loose Lila is to put her in frenzied, hurried, structured mode. It was nice to see her just as she longs to be- free.

How I love this sweet sweet girl.










No comments: