Braden went to Washington for four days for Ryan's 40th. He and Cody are on their way home now so I only have to worry for a few more hours. I reminded him before he left that I felt more nervous about sending him on a weekend trip with this brothers than I was about sending him to the middle east for half a year for a deployment. I asked him to respect my fear by summoning all the caution and wisdom he felt possible. I am so glad he was able to go, I know that is his dream come true. Meanwhile, back at the ranch...Maisey and Elise have been sick. Lila hasn't been well since we all had the flu so I guess I should count her too. Anabelle and I have sore throats, but at least our eyeballs aren't ooozing with green goo from the bacteria swamp. And still, we had a really nice weekend together. We literally went nowhere. We had no schedule and no friends could come over (yes! my favorite!). We just stayed home and played together. It was really actually super fantastic. Anabelle played with the girls like she used to, she didn't act annoyed by them as she has taken to in the last few months (which breaks my heart). They played school, we made a fierce pile of Valentine's using no less than two full bottles of glue, we turned our dining room into a tacky red light district in honor of said holiday thanks to some red Christmas lights. It was looking sketchy in there so I kept making and putting up more decorations and each time I did the girls would oooooh and ahhhhh, and say breathlessly, "It's beauuuutiful!". I came in to find the room dark except for the red lights over the table and they were all dancing on the table, delighted at their "dance floor". I didn't share in their excitement, although admittedly, it was a funny sight. Anabelle and I read her longest book yet and finished it in two days. It was about Helen Kellar and she loved it. At first she sighed heavily and asked if it would get more interesting but a few pages in and she was hooked. She is a hero to Anabelle now, which is what I was looking for. I completely expect her to have a work hard, winning attitude when she wakes up in the morning. We watched Frozen (three times), painted nails, painted pictures, made a potato head village, did math flash cards, and ate girl food. And cookies.
I really feel so blessed to have had these last few days. The days were long and full of endless messes, and the nights were short and full of sick kids in my bed or a baby crying. But, I loved to just be at home with my babies. I loved that we didn't do hair or get out of jammies and our doorbell didn't ring 8 times for someone to come play. I got to just be in my element playing with my girls. I feel truly blessed.
![]() |
| Elise is right on the verge of crawling. Anabelle is trying to entice her. |




No comments:
Post a Comment