Monday, February 24, 2014

Things I loved about today....


  • This morning Anabelle begged me to wear a necklace someone made me that is a picture of Braden and I. She wanted to wear it to school so desperately. She wore it to church yesterday, but considering her track record I could see this necklace never making it home from the playground.  And then I realized that there is a slight possibility that a day may come that she won't actually want to wear a picture of her parents around her neck. So I let her wear it. And she was so excited. I even cut it to fit her perfectly. And then I caught her slipping my seminary Book of Mormon into her backpack. When I questioned her about it she said she could read it during free time. She's a wonderful amazing child with a good heart. Sometimes we don't give her enough credit, especially considering the expectations we heap on her little shoulders as the oldest child.

  • Lila begged me to let her wear her soccer clothes to school. She's been asking for weeks and weeks. And today I said yes, because it was a balmy 52 degrees outside. She was thrilled. Plus, I just got an email from her teacher telling me that Lila lights up the room and everyone that works with her is just delighted by her. 

  • Maisey's prayer at dinner : " Dear Heavenly Father, thankful for this day. Thankful for our food. Thankful we could be together to sing Let it Go. And Do you Want to Build a Snowman. And 

  • Today when I was putting Elise down for a nap I was holding her and rubbing her back. She was snuggled into me, as she has come to do for a minute or two just before naps. All of a sudden I felt these tiny little taps on my back. She was patting my back, as I was patting hers, matching my rhythm. The day they rub you back is always a good day. It melted my heart. Tonight after the others were in bed we played with her and watched her crawl all around the room, chasing Cheerios and doing 360's just to entertain us. Her little personality is emerging and it is so fun. 

No comments: