I was sick yesterday. Today I planned on reclaiming the house.
It was a good plan. A reasonable, doable plan.
If it wasn't for Monster Maisey having a case of the mess-making Mondays.
First, she encouraged a popcorn fight in the living room of a Costco size bag of organic (read expensive) popcorn. When I instructed her get the vacuum and clean it up, she did. For a minute. Until she decided to open the canister and dump the contents onto the floor. Next she gave Elise an entire new box of cereal (again) and they dumped about half of it all over the kitchen. She sat in there for a while and cleaned (ate) them off the floor. While I was on the elliptical I realized that it had become too quiet. I rationalized that they were likely playing in the garage. But I had a feeling I should go look for them. Maisey had taken Elise outside in the front without my permission (the hugest cardinal mistake which has been discussed and spanked over many times). Her next move was to put Lila's thera-putty on the buttons of the printer. The buttons are now covered in orange putty which I cannot get off. Next she watched and laughed as Elise emptied the entire trash can so that she could put it on her head like a hat. A while later I walked into the kitchen to discover the entire floor was wet. Very very wet, everywhere. I asked her what happened. She said she had climbed up on the counter, turned on the faucet, and used the sprayer to soak the kitchen floor. I looked out the window to discover that she had taken my nice decorative Halloween kitchen towel outside to carry worms and snails in. And also had emptied my rag drawer into the piano room. The final straw came when she covered both her and Lila's dinner in hand soap when I left the room to help Elise with a diaper. She was sent to bed at 6:15 without eating anything for dinner.
Needless to say, I did not accomplish quite everything I needed to do.
One of the following two things is likely to happen:
1) She will sleep off the crazies due to the fact that she will be getting an extra 2 hours of sleep.
OR
2) She will wake up around 3am completely rested and ask me to make her a Nutella sandwich.
Please, for the love of orange gummy bears, let number one somehow miraculously occur.
![]() |
| This picture was taken on our last St. George trip when she decided to empty the trash can, and then fill it up with herself, along with some water. |

No comments:
Post a Comment