Sunday, October 19, 2014

No, seriously though, I hate it when kids beg for stuff

Usually. But lately, when this kid begs for stuff, I can't help myself. I have to look away or leave the room. It's too much. She scrunches up her shoulders. She cocks her head to the side. She uses sign language. She asks in a baby falsetto. She has perfected and employs a plethora of faces and antics to get what she wants. And we're all suckers for it. Every last one of us. She uses these to con her sisters into getting her paci and her blanket out of her bed for her. Then she always comes and shows me what she has. She has to know I'm going to take it away. But I guess that moment of triumph is worth it to her. Deep in my gut I fear we're creating a monster. Starting tomorrow I will hold appropriate boundaries when she breaks out all her tricks on me. I will not be worked over by a one year old. I will not give her a chocolate muffin before she's finished her dinner. Unless they have zucchini in them, like they did in the following pictures. In which case it would be totally fine because it's basically a health food and provides her with essential dietary elements. 

Clap for me, I'm so smart and entertaining!!

I don't even have to sit down. That's the level of disregard I have for rules around here. 


Watch me sign 'more'. They go nuts over that one.
Why yes Elise, you can have whatever you want!


asking for "more"..... she draws it out and makes her voice low and hilarious

Can you hear it? "Abo....go get me another muffin". 

This is her declaring that she's "all done". With her muffin. Not with begging. She wasn't born yesterday. Just last year.
                                                "Nom nom nom. These suckers do as I say"
And a shout out to her gallery of fans. She has everyone one of her sisters cracking up and cheering for her.

No comments: