Sunday, October 19, 2014

this weeks haps

-I worked on Lila's Halloween costume. It turns out she's the cutest parrot I've ever seen. 

- We had family home evening on the first vision. I have felt recently that I need to teach on the basic fundamentals of the gospel. I know Anabelle understands, but it's time to make sure that Lila and Maisey do as well. I showed pictures and told them the story and recited the part I know from JSH, reading the parts I couldn't remember. As I was attempting to bear my testimony both Lila and Maisey kept interrupting me and being wild. I was so tempted to just quit and walk away. But I knew that what I was teaching was important. I probably stopped and re-grouped in the middle of my testimony 5 or 6 times- but I got through it without becoming frustrated. Too frustrated, anyway. 

- I took Lila to see a sleep specialist at Primary Children's. She had been particularly defiant and oppositional that day. I left the house very irritated with her. When we got in the car the primary songs were playing and I asked her if she wanted to hear that or something else. She chose that (of course). As we drove, I listened to her sweet little voice singing those words and it softened my heart towards her. We didn't talk at all on the way there, but when we arrived I had made peace with her. The Dr. tested her thyroid and ran an allergy test. When it was time for her to have her blood drawn the nurses were working very hard to distract her. She refused to look away so finally they just decided to try it. She didn't even flinch or move a muscle. They were blown away by how tough she was, and gave her a great prize. Then I took her to the cafeteria and bought her ice cream, just because it was a rare chance to be together. I liked just walking around holding her hand. Becky Littlefield watched the other kids, and it ended up being for several hours. I have found her to be perhaps my most reliable source of service. Even on weeks when I know she is struggling with her own health or other issues, she goes out of her way to offer help to me. I have appreciated her example of service and her diligence of checking on me always. 

- On two occasions this week Anabelle has prayed for her soccer team mates and once for a classmate. One was sick and the other two had been picked on and she prayed that they would feel okay onside. I witnessed the incident at soccer practice and she stood up for the boy who was being picked on, against the rest of her group that was hassling him. I was glad to watch that. I hope she is always a champion for those who need a voice as she seems to have been to this point in her life. I think it is one of her gifts, and responsibilities. 

Elise loves to say "nigh-nigh" to her sisters. She loves kissing each of them.
trying on the first part of the costume

Our huge pumpkin that we got from the community party. The one where we showed up, picked our two free pumpkins, grabbed a cookie and a goody bag, and split immediately. Base housing perks. I'll need this picture to look at in a few months when they charge me a few grand for our carpets upon move out. 






I believe the cause for frowning is that I wouldn't allow her to eat an Otter-Pop for breakfast. She literally asks me every single morning. I've never said yes. I admire her perseverance. I'm also annoyed by it. 
I hope they always let me dress them up in matching outfits to run errands. 


She's had diarrhea the whole week. At least she's learning to tell me when she needs a diaper change. 

No comments: