We all know how much Braden adores it when I find twinner outfits for the kids, now he is a participant, muahahahahahaha! This little suit was the first thing I ever bought for Emmett, planning a future sear sucker day for Beldon and baby Beldon. It was deeply satisfying to see this moment come to fruition.
 |
Two minutes before church starts. I had to get it done because in the two minutes after church is over there will be no hair bows, no pigtails, no shoes, so sweaters, and I will look ten years older for having been through it all.
Emmett received a beautiful blessing that filled me with so much love and peace. I am always grateful to get a glimpse of their capacity and potential.
After church we drove everyone's car through the gates (won't miss that!), and had lunch at our place. We sure will miss having so much family close. |
 |
| Cousin! |
 |
| Kat and Fife |
 |
| Mush feeding her baby.....mush....fitting I suppose.... |
 |
| A boy and his bike |
 |
| Beaner and Cedar |
 |
| Little people on the sidelines of viking chess |
 |
| There's something about a baby in a bow tie that's just so right. |
 |
| Grandpa and Emmett |
Monday morning we had the rare and wonderful opportunity to have a morning to ourselves with Grandma and Grandpa. Braden tok the day off work, the weather was absolutely beautiful, and we decided to take a lovely spring hike. The trouble was we overlooked a few minor details that Maisey picked up on. Like the fact that the apples were sliced instead of left whole, that it takes too long to hike, that she gets too tired, she even expressed frustration that Jesus made the mountains too high. Leave Jesus out of it, that's where I draw the line. By the end, despite our best efforts to distract her, she just sat down on the trail and was screaming. I am still feeling awesome about myself for not rolling her down the mountain (gently). But seriously, whoa kid, that was outrageous. April 13, 2015- the day I didn't roll Maisey down the mountain side even though she fully deserved it.


 |
| Braden chatting with a future version of himself. Actually, they're probably not chatting. They're probably just walking, while Grandma and I have talked non-stop about 12 subjects. They're probably having a respite silent walk from their wives who always want to talk. |
 |
In this picture: Maisey is crying and screaming.
Braden is trying to make her stop and also trying to subdue the rage she is producing in him.
Elise is trying to hug Maisey. She got out of the backpack, walked past me and said, "I'm gonna go see Maisey, Okay?" She had been watching Maisey and was concerned at all the crying. She walked right up to Maisey and gave her a hug. Twice. Maisey totally didn't appreciate the love and concern of her baby sister for her. But I did. I loved that moment. |
No comments:
Post a Comment