Kids (and their Moms) are happiest when they spend sizable chunks of time in the sunshine. It's basically a proven fact. I know because right now I'm happy and all my kids are outside.
Their finger nails should be mud filled and their hair line sandy. I'm brought little samplings of fancy deserts, made of only the finest clay and weeds around. By the end of the night my pockets are full of special rocks and my counter tops have little bowls of wild bouquets. There are giant sticks that have been carefully sharpened leaning against the house, and small sand villages that have been strategically erected.
All of that childhood wonder produces quite a mess, ruins clothes, and makes their father lose his mind with all the magical remnants.
Still though.
This is truly the stuff. They're building castles and friendships, restaurants and independence, It's free out there, and they feel it.
I'm determined to preserve the age old relationship between children and their mother (earth).
![]() |
| I think she may have learned that face from me. If I'm interpreting it correctly, it says, "Oh you're gonna eat this. I've been working hard on it and you're eating it". |
![]() |
![]() |















No comments:
Post a Comment