Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Emmett discovers rain


Yesterday it was warm and sunny. And then all of a sudden it was warm and sunny and rainy. A brief but terrific downpour. I grabbed Emmett and took him outside to introduce them. 

He was intrigued. And then he got curious. He would inch out into it and put his hand out. Once he got a few drips he would squeal and come running back to me. It didn't take long for him to venture all the way out and then not return. 

It felt a little magical for both of us. 

Being present for these simple moments means the world to me. 






Smelling the flowers
I guess one smelled bad. Like he's one to point the finger (literally) for smelling bad.
He kept looking up, trying to find the source of the rain but he couldn't take it. This is his "I've got rain in my eyes"  face. Also, it could rightly be called  his "I look just like my sister, Maisey" face.

There he is. Just soaking it up (ha! soaking!).
He loved all that water that came rushing out of the gutter. When it stopped he kept pounding it, like a vending machine to get more rain to come out.
"Hey. it stopped. Why did it stop". 
And I think he added the words "wet" and "cold" to his vocabulary. When I finally made him go inside he cried his own little river. But I did not dance and frolick in it.

No comments: