Friday, August 5, 2016

Maisey's rock party {she's 6!}

Two things Maisey loves: finding neat rocks, and rockin out. I decided to combine the two for her 6th birthday party, along with a few of her other favorite things: Nutella sandwiches for dinner, root beer, chocolate, and playing with friends. Braden hid 150 rocks and gems in the dirt outside that the kids had to dig for. Then they went and found geodes that were hidden on what they have come to call "rocky mountain" (the side of our yard). Once they found the geodes they took turns breaking them open with a hammer. All this with rock music happening and Nutella on their faces. It seemed a perfect fit for her.










Searching for geodes


Cause that's how we do it in Oklahoma



The Gaytans made her a crocheted unicorn. It's basically the sweetest gift of all time. 
Chocolate rocks! No like seriously, these are chocolate pieces made to look like small stones and pebbles.
I could not love this little girl one bit more. She is creative and musical and athletic and smart and caring and compassionate. I am so thrilled at the thought of her future. What a fun and capable little person she is. The day she no longer rushes in the house to slip a shiny gem in my pocket and tell me she loves me is a day I don't want to know. She tearfully brings me rocks to apologize for disobedience.  She brings them to me when she finds something especially interesting and she wonders if its a real crystal. I think rocks are her love language. 





No comments: