Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The latest...




Not a ton of news on our front. Lila had an EEG this morning and an upper GI test this afternoon. We have to wait on the results of the EEG until Friday when the pediatric neurologist can meet with us. The GI test was to check if she has reflux and also to make sure that everything in that area is anatomically correct. Those things appeared to be ok. She did not reflux during the test but her stomach was slow to empty so they started her on reflux medication anyway, just to see if it might make a difference. So by process of elimination, we'll get there soon hopefully. She has her episodes more frequently now and she requires oxygen. There is no pattern to when she is doing it- she just doesn't breathe. The doctor said she is a mystery. We really feel confident that they will figure it out and things will start to come together. In the meantime, we are feeling so thankful for the medical care & technology available to us that has so far saved both our girls. What blessings we have been given. Not to mention the limitless supply of ice chips.
The pics above are from the birthday party we threw for Lila last week in hopes that she would want to be birthed. It clearly worked and I highly recommend it. Or what may have happened is I couldn't resist the box of funfetti cake mix another day and I didn't know anyone under the age of 5 having a birthday anytime soon so....Plus the only way for Lila to get her birthday cake was for me to eat it and pass it along. I hated to do it but there are just no limits to the sacrifices a mother will make for her children. Anabelle seems like sort of a food snob. She got that from Braden. She wouldn't eat the cake but she did pick every dot off the top.

4 comments:

Bryce, Anna, Porter, Avery and Colette said...

Julie- I can't even imagine what you are going through or handling it the way you guys are. I would be inconsolable (i'm sure you have had moments, but still). It does make me rethink getting pregnant without maternity coverage... we don't have it, not sure how we're going to get it, but want another little one... what to do. i think the answer may be wait because you never know. your girls are so lucky to have you... i wish i could just give you a hug.

Anonymous said...

Hi Braden and Julie!
We're so excited for you and your new little one (she is gorgeous!), but sad to hear that she is having some struggles. We will keep you in our prayers. We can feel your faith and positve spirit through your updates so know that Lila (By the way, I like the i)will be ok. You are a couple of amazing people!We love you tons! We will pray that the baby will get to come home soon! Hugs to you both!
Love, Aunt P...and Uncle Steve

Frank and Annie said...

Hi guys, Kris sent us the link to your blog. Just wanted to let you know you and Lila are in our prayers. Lots of love coming your way!

Ryan and Tammy said...

Hey Julie, it's fun to read your blog and see the pictures of your cute little girls. I have felt so sick lately so I borrowed your idea and made a great chocolate birthday cake and I haven't had my baby yet, but I went to the doctor the next morning and I am progressing toward labor finally! Yahoo!