Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Wahoo!







Things are looking up for little Lila. She has now been completely off the warmer for over 24 hours and is holding temperature. She got moved to an open crib which means we get to hold her now as long as she's bundled like an eskimo. And who wouldn't like to snuggle an eskimo? She also went almost 24 hours without an episode. As I was discussing this with the nurse and oozing and gushing with joy and excitement, she had one. But it was short and mild and she came out on her own without needing oxygen. She also had another one later but 2 is better than 8. But I'm feeling pretty darn happy with the progress she's making. I think I see an end in sight and hope she continues to improve at the rate she has in the last two days. I'm concocting plans for a big pink welcome home party with lots of funfetti cupcakes. But only for like an hour because I'm really tired.

5 comments:

Frank and Annie said...

So glad to hear she is doing better!! We love you guys!

Amy said...

Oh Julie, that's great!!!!! I'm so glad for you guys!!!

Mel said...

Yay! I can't tell you how happy I am! That is wonderful, wonderful, wonderful news. At this rate, you will have those cupcakes in no time. You are so funny about your big hour long party. I can't imagine how exhausted you are. We love you!

emilyy said...

Can I just say how happy I am for you. I'm sure it doesn't even compare to what you are feeling, but I'm so glad things are on the up swing. Take care we will keep praying for you.

Philip and Jaime Connor said...

Julie, I was so glad to hear that your little one is doing better. Give her a kiss from us and tell her to keep it up!