It's been a while since I had a second-hand high. Whenever I used the bathroom for the last time at Colton High (which by the way is in the Reader's Digest this month for the sign on the front of our high school that says we are "Commited to High Standards". And yes, it is spelled wrong. Can I really be held accountable for the fact that I am uncertain about appropriate uses of a comma?) But I digress...
Saturday night was the Avett Brothers concert. Our girls slept over at Jamie Denkers house, the only person who might possibly kiss my kids more than I do. She is the absolute epitome of the sweet southern woman. She makes me want to watch Steel Magnolias. We went to dinner at this seafood market downtown which actually turned out to be a stellar place: live jazz, live fish, and corn on the cob that makes me loathe what I have in the freezer.
We have grown to love this band over the last two years. They are clean, their lyrics are meaningful and clever, and they're amazingly talented. I have decided that I will see them every time they come to the city I live in. It was such a fun night. Minus the fact that I went home high. Since we were childless, we had plans to run the streets all night, but I felt so awful from the smoke I had to go home and take a bottle of Ibuprofen and lay on the couch like a sissy.
Anyway- rockin concert, hot date, no kids, good times.
Here's a clip if you've never heard em'...
4 comments:
Colton High really was a great institute.
You two crazy kids look like teenagers in that picture. The second hand high was good to you. Good ol'CHS, lov it.
Looks like fun! You gotta have those nights out every now and again...good for you guys!
Oh Julie...the tears. I was reading your "and i quote" and it is just hilarious! So much personality in such a little body
Post a Comment