We believe in picnics. Big time. All the time. We also believe in matching clothes for the girls. When I say "we", I mean "I", because matching outfits makes Braden roll his eyes and he hates being outside unless it is below 60 degrees. So, yesterday I did my favorite thing to do- I went picnicking with my girls. There are few things I love more than to saunter around in the sun with Anabelle listening to her chatter about the world. We wandered around the gardens for a few hours as we like to do exploring earth matter and stalking the geese family who had a new baby. I count these experiences as no small blessing. It means that we are all healthy, and that I have the opportunity to stay home with them.
I'm like Ferris Bueller- I wake up and think, "How can I possibly be expected to handle laundry on a day like this?" I can't stay inside and be productive when I could be playing outside with the girls. What I'm saying is, don't drop by my house- unless you have a Brillo pad and a bucket of Clorox. I met an old man today who made me feel validated in my decision to opt for play time instead of housekeeping (continually). He looked at my girls and told me to enjoy everyday with them because he has seven girls and they are all gone now and he misses them everyday. I just tucked Anabelle in and as we were laying there together snuggling and kissing each other, I was just thinking how I never want these days with my little ones to end. Someone told me once that children spell love T-I-M-E. Which I know is an exaggeration because Anabelle spells every word b-a-n-a-n-a-s. But I think the principle is true. One day my fridge shelves will be clean and my closets will be organized. But not until I know that there aren't little people that could be cracking me up instead.
5 comments:
Oh I am with you on this one. If the weather is nice we stay outside ALL day. My house is pretty much a wreck from the end of April to beg of Nov. I tell E that movies are only for rainy and snowy days and when it's nice we don't watch tv, we play outside! Well today was rainy and he was sooo excited to remind me that he got to watch a movie.
Hi Julie,
Your girls are gorgeous!!! I almost feel like I've just been to VT teach you, looking at your cute blog (except it's more fun talking to you in person). Before you go private, add me to your list please:
nataliejhill@gmail.com
I wish I remembered this more. My house is still a disaster, but not because I am spending every second playing with my kids. I had 4 munchkins in 4.5 years and sometimes I can't wait until they are grown up a bit so they can help each other and dress themselves. It is gettiing better now that the oldest 3 are potty trained and the youngest is almost 18 months. I am definitely having more fun with all of them. I have high hopes for this summer.
I love your blog,your girls are beautiful and you are hilarious!I would love to still read your blog.katdbateman@yahoo.com hope all is well.
Colton High! thats funny. What was spelled wronng? Any how, it was the worst theree years of my life.
Post a Comment