The other day I tried to explain to Anabelle that whales eat fish. It was a thoughtless move on my part. I know better. I did this while she was playing with her "family of fish" and there happened to be a whale in the bathtub. She burst into tears. She fights the reality of the food chain in a serious way. And this because of her small obsession with the concept of "families". EVERYTHING belongs to a family. My entire house is cluttered with little groupings of items that are lined up and sorted by size, color, species into families. One must be very careful about moving them, talking loudly, or heaven forbid cleaning them up, as you may have happened upon the family during their nap time. Often I am cooking and discover I have absolutely no measuring spoons and must then comb the house for where this particular family may be napping. And the very tricky part is that she has a FREAKISH memory and knows where all her families are and will notice if you remove just one member. Even if it is only a quarter teaspoon. So if you ask her what lions eat, she will tell you they eat lion food. It is the same for every animal. She can't bear the thought of a part of a family being eaten and thus destroying the family. I bought a new pack of hair clips for her and I took one off the cardboard and put it in her hair. Tears. How was I to know that was the Daddy clip? After all, it was pink.
It is mostly entertaining to me, except when I actually need a member of one of her families and am told, "Oh baby can't come. She's with her family right now". May this feeling of family togetherness stick with her through the teenage years.

A pile of sticks and some empty flower pots? No siree. A Daddy, Mommy, and two sister sticks napping near 2 different families of pots. And Daddy pet rock, which she checks on periodically throughout the day.

Anabelle napping with a family of bears. And if you look closely you can see the car family lined up below her.

And yes, although never a thumb sucker in her infancy, she recently started. I told her that only babies suck their thumbs and she told me at Christmas time that she just sucks her thumb like baby Jesus.
5 comments:
Oh my. She is just the most adorable thing! Seriously. I hope Jayci can be as creative and sensitive. That is so sweet.
Wow families are important Julie didn't you know? LOL She's adorable!! I wish my baby could get some weight from your baby...she's not even 18 pounds and she's five months older than Lila. I'm just a little jealous because my twig is hard to play with since I feel like I'm about to break her every time I pick her up!!
Oh my goodness, that is so cute! Can I come join your family?
Man that girl is cute!
Question: how does a goat do the chicken dance? You must be pretty talented Julie! We should get you an agent.
Also... in response to an earlier comment about picture takings of your kiddos... I'm sure you were referring to the payment plan/tab that is nonexistent because we don't charge goats--er... Family.
Oh yeah, and my brother and family are moving there at the end of June! You should all be friends. :) I might go out and help them, but not sure yet. I'll keep you posted.
That is the cutest thing I've ever heard. She is so darling! Laughing out loud :)
Post a Comment