Friday, April 9, 2010

Epiphany

So you know just last night I was pondering over the way I carry the babes and wondering how that could affect the troubles I'm having. This morning it came to me at 5 am in an unexpected way. I heard Lila start to cry her painful sad cry so I went in to find that her little ankle was stuck in between the bars of her bed again (this happens regularly now...what should I do about that? Stop feeding her sticks of butter for lunch? Start using the butter to grease her ankles before bedtime?). Anyway- after I crawled in her crib with her and did some skillful prying she was quite a mess so I brought her back to bed with me. After she did some singing she finally fell back to sleep. Except she was horizontal in the bed instead of vertical, thus taking up all available space (as both girls do every time they come to bed with us). While clinging tightly to the 4 inches she has left me, I notice her form on the bed. Absolutely stretched out from the tops of her duck-like hair and outstretched arms, to her chubby little feet- in the wrong direction. And in that moment I realized: this is what these girls are doing in my uterus. They are stretched out longways lounging their days away while I take painful calculated steps just to make it to the bathroom. I think Anabelle left a note tucked in my utey that says,"Hey, for maximum relaxation, stretch out longways and make yourself at home. 'Fetal position' is totally overrated. Pass it on". It's all coming together now.


Lila was irresistible tonight. I loved the time I spent with her reading, eating and playing. Sweet like sugar, that girl. This picture captures some of her current obsessions: nudity, books, and a rocking chair.

4 comments:

Beach Hendersons said...

When you say these girls..are you meaning you're having TWINS?

Thom and Jamie Stansfield said...

I just remembered your blog went private and decided to look it up again! Your writing really is entertaining and enlightening! Congrats on baby number 3! We have 3 3 and under and its great!!! It gets easier every day Paisley gets older! lol I'm hoping we wait until Jetta is 3 before the next one is born but only time will tell! Keep up the good work of surviving pregoness and daddy being gone!

MaShay & Jason said...

Julie. She is soooo big. I can't believe that is Lila. I think she is looking more and more like Beldon. Oh sweet girls. Are you going to get your awesome belt?

Love you.

HEY! I might drive up for Beldy's graduation with Mom so she doesn't go alone. We shall see. Love you.

Tim and Margo Davis said...

You should get Lila BreathableBaby - CribShield---here's the Walmart link: http://www.walmart.com/ip/BreathableBaby-CribShield-White-Satin/8154359 they have them lots of places-they saved us with Owen because he got stuck ALLLL the time and would wake up screaming like he was gonna die! They are kinda expensive, but they are wonderful! Your girls are so cute! I just wanna squeeze their little faces!!!