Everything is okay again. In fact, another week snuck by somehow. I called upon my sweet friend Jamie after last week's affair and asked her to intervene, for all of our sakes. The girls had a sleepover and went to church with her and I went to Montgomery the next day to go to church with Braden. It was a lovely drive. Peaceful. I chewed gum and applied lipstick. Braden and I ate lunch together after church and I can't say just how enjoyable that was. It was such a wonderful day. Why did I wait 8 weeks to do that?
And now we have approached another weekend, and this one is particularly exciting. Braden finished his last graded academic exams and briefings this week and is coming to our house to have a sleepover tomorrow. He asked permission and was apparently on his best behavior this week. It's funny that we've been a family for almost 6 years now and in a matter of weeks I have begun to think of him as a guest- planning food and cleaning and changing sheets. And then it dawns on me- Oh yeah, this is his house. I do think I'll buy some meat for the guy though.
Yea for sleepovers!
1 comment:
i wish we could have an old fashioned sleepover again and go to yanis. thats all.
Post a Comment