Monday, April 19, 2010

A visitor, a very special visitor

Last week was exciting because my pal Kimmy from high school came to visit me. We celebrated her birthday, went to the zoo, a great creamery, the Birmingham Botanical gardens, the Aldridge Botanical gardens, went shopping, discovered a new water aerobics class which I adore, and watched girl movies together at night. I don't think we broke a single rule all week. And we still had fun. Hmmmmm. That's a new one for us Kimmy! Not that I'm in any condition to be hopping fences, but it would have been fun to see if my skills are still intact after all these years (note to Mom- no serious rules were ever broken. Only, or mostly, things pertaining to Colton High School which everyone knows and recognizes as a joke. I feel confident that I am smarter and better for having broken out and gone to the beach as much as I did. Trust me, they were good decisions).

It was nice to have someone else to talk to the last few days who I don't have to talk into going potty or brushing teeth. Thanks for coming Kimmy! See you next spring friend!



All she wants to do all day is run up hills, and run down hills. Her knees are perma scabs because each day she re-opens them. What? What's that you say? Try dressing her in more than a diaper? Hmmmm....that's something to think about....




This part of the zoo looked like heaven. It smelled like heaven. It did not however sound like heaven. Thanks Lila for tantruming and bring me back to reality.

I was feeling a little jealous of the kissing camels.

As the worker steps away for a minute Lila takes the chance to free a goat





1 comment:

Michelle said...

Your belly is so cute. Sorry to say that cause I always hated when people would say that to me but it is true. You are such a trooper and so are you girls. Having daddy gone is not easy. Stick in there! You're doing awesome!!!! When is Tim getting married? Let us know what is going on cause he doesn't. mmelison@yahoo.com