I asked Braden that day if he had ever finished something as intense or challenging and he said no. It was good to see that accomplishment on his face. It wasn't pride. It seemed to be a great sense of relief. And gratitude. He finished with a 95% average, while managing to be an involved husband and father, something his peers did not have to juggle.
And so it is that we find ourselves wrapping up our time here in ol P-city. I would say it has been a good year. Enjoyable in so many ways. I don't know if Braden would say the same thing. It is probably like after I have had a baby and I hear Braden telling people that the baby sleeps great and everything is great. I always roll my eyes and think "yeah of course it is, for you who doesn't feed a baby every two hours". I am sure we have had largely different experiences over the last year. After quizzing him before tests I would often tell him that I was so grateful that all I had to do the next day was clean and cook. If I was in this program I would constantly be peeing my pants in public.
I can see that it has stretched him and stressed him in ways I didn't think his carefree soul had the capability to be. He has done well under all the pressure and I am proud of him. Extremely proud of him, actually. So proud that I bought him a candy bar and took him to Pepper's for a few pounds of pork.
As they say in the Air Force, OUTSTANDING, LT Reynolds. Doneplete!!

Col Brown, the guy I hugged, commander of all CRC's in the Air Force

The pinning of his wings by his favorite instructor

2nd LT Braden Reynolds, Air Battle Manager, USAF

During a silent moment Lila yelled out "GO DADDY"! and started clapping. She did some other yelling also but it wasn't quite as cute. I can't say it was relaxing for me. It was like a mid week sacrament meeting except there were no other kids to blame for noisiness. Finally Braden just let her come up and stand with him in the receiving line because she was going nuts.





Notice the wings on the uni

The "thanks for being my wing man flowers" he gave us during the ceremony
1 comment:
It is a great feeling to see your military man receive honors for the hard work he has done. I know I have felt those same feelings of pride and gratitude every time Phil has passed a difficult course (nuke school) or when he got his dolphins (that happened when he was out to sea, but it was still thrilling for me). Congratulations to Braden for getting through it and earning his wings and to you Julie and the girls for being the support system behind him. It is a huge success for your whole family! :)
Post a Comment