Tuesday, June 14, 2011

FHE

Last night for family home evening we were counseled by our stake president to discuss The Proclamation. As I recall, it went something like this:

(Lila conducting, so everything is already funny)...

L: Welcome to Family Home Evening. Tonight we're talking about......ELMO!!!

While laying down on my tummy, I begin to explain something. Lila comes and sits on my back and begins bouncing up and down so you can only hear every other word I'm saying.

Braden takes over and is teaching Anabelle about the commandment to have babies. She begins crying and says that she never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever wants to have a baby. Because she doesn't want to grow up. She wants to live with us forever.

We decided to table that conversation and move on.

I try to bring Lila back into the conversation by saying, "Lila, do you know that you look like Heavenly Father?!" She shouts, "WOO HOO!!!!" and begins galloping in circles.

Meanwhile Maisey is crawling all over the middle of The Proclamation so no one can see it and looks at us with the "Oh, sorry, am I in your way?" look. Classic Maisey.

Then Anabelle starts playing with her and tickling her and we can hear that Lila has ran to our room and started jumping on the bed.

We wrap up the message, eat some cookies, play some games, and hope that someone got something out of that other than the desire for a Candlyland rematch.

Family Home Evenings at our house are funny. I hope for them to one day be more than that, but for now, at least we're all laughing together, right?

The following pictures are from a branch FHE we went to last week on the beach. We have made some good branch buddies here in Mexico Beach.








2 comments:

Lisa Marie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa Marie said...

Sounds like a good time! Ps of course lila steals my chair and is sitting by Denis ;)