



An interview about Mom. From Anabelle, age 2 & 4 and now 5
I asked her these questions when she was two. Thought I'd ask again at age four to track progress. Maybe I'll continue to ask every few years. Or as long as I don't fear the answers.
1. What is something mom always says to you?
Yes! I want to go potty!
Don't play in the curtains.
I love you
2. What makes mom happy?
I make you laugh
When I share with Lila
When I kiss her
3. What makes mom sad?
You don't cry!
When I hit Lila
When I'm rude to her
4. How does your mom make you laugh?
I don't know. We don't push our friends.
When I do funny things, like make funny faces
By going like this...(string of weird noises and faces which I do not recall ever having done)
5. What was mommy like as a little girl?
Me.
I don't know. I don't think I can answer that question. I don't think I like this game.
Silly
6. How old is your mom?
I don't know. One? I think I can exercise with you.
nine?
A clue please? Just give me a number. Please? I need a clue?
7. How tall is your mom?
I don't know. BIG!
Taller than a bear
40 inches
8. What is her favorite thing to do?
I don't know. Play with me.
Play with us.
Play with her kids
9. What does your mom do when you're not around?
Plays in my room
Clean the house
Do weird things on the computer like bloggerface and writing messages. All that boring stuff.
10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for?
I don't know
I don't know what that means. You're really good at sharing.
What does that mean? Oh. For giving everyone kisses and hugs.
11. What is your mom really good at?
houses
You are good at doing the laundry
Telling everyone goodnight
12. What is your mom not very good at?
You're not bad at!
Fixing things like Dad does
Draining avocadoes down the sink
13. What does your mom do for a job?
Flowers?
Your job is to keep us safe from cars and trucks and vans
Take care of us
14.What is your mom's favorite food?
You eat crumbs and cheese
A peanut butter sandwhich?
Chicken
15.What makes you proud of your mom?
We're gonna play together this morning. You and you and me! (pointing to Lila and I)
When she helps me with everything
I'm proud of you when you do a good job at things like washing the dishes
16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be?
You are my friend
Dora, because you have a backpack and Dora has a backpack
Word Girl because you're good at words and so is she.
17. What do you and your mom do together?
Play together and smile
We play together. We play everything.
Play Candyland
18. How are you and your mom the same?
You are the family.
We have the same color eyes. Blue and white.
We both have blue eyes
19. How are you and your mom different?
How are you different from you?
Your hair is short and brown and my hair is long and blonde.
You have brown hair and I have blonde hair
20. How do you know that your mom loves you?
I don't know. Can I watch a movie? I want to watch a movie Mom.
Because she tells me she loves me and gives me hugs and kisses.
When she kisses me, hugs me, and says she loves me.
21. What does your mom like most about your dad?
Because he's to work.
Because he does things for you...like....he fixed your Christmas shelf for you.
When he kisses you.
22. Where is your mom's favorite place to go?
Wal-Mart
The beach
To see the beautiful mountains. Or on a date with Daddy. I bet that's pretty nice. I want to go with you guys. Why can't I go with you guys? Huh? Mom?! Why can't I go with you guys? Why can't I? Mom, why can't I go with you guys? Can I? Can I go?"
No comments:
Post a Comment