Tuesday, June 11, 2013

We are the proud owners of......a FIRST GRADER!

Anabelle graduated from Kindergarten a few days ago.
Maybe I got a little choked up during the ceremony. It's none of your business if I did or not. But I do tend to be the Mom that always feels a little sadness at milestones because I don't want it to be over. I just want all these little girls to stay mine forever.
Anabelle is a great big sister. I often think we take for granted how truly fantastic she is. Unfortunately for her she is our first and our expectations of her every move are sometimes a bit much. She really is an absolutely wonderful child and she brings us so much joy. 


Anabelle with Bo-Beesey, as she has come to call her.  You know, Elise rhymes with Bo- Beese, plus you have the standard "E" sound which must be added to the end any word associated with a baby. It was a no-brainer nickname when you really think hard about it, like I know I have.

Here we have the backs of heads of all the parents who got there even earlier than our five minutes early. They probably had more than 3 hours of sleep and no babies to nurse and their toddlers probably don't cry about things like purple stripes on their shoes and those weird strings on their bananas. Otherwise, my head would be in all their kids pictures forever. And there's Anabelle in the front row crossing her arms, as she did throughout all the songs. I asked her why she did that (considering her frighteningly good performing knack), and she said the hand actions were funny and she didn't want people laughing at her. Hmmmmm. Please also note that her hair was curled with a curling iron. If you ever see her and notice that this is the case please either give me a hug or buy me a Dr. Pepper because you can assume I need one of the two after having endured this whining experience. 

How did this happen already?!?! Didn't we JUST bring her home from the hospital in the back of our Kia Sportage,  feeding her with a syringe and wondering if it was okay that she frequently went cross-eyed. 

No comments: