Anabelle waited for Braden to get home to get baptized. We scheduled it for the Saturday after Thanksgiving. We felt so blessed to be surrounded by so much family who came to support her. It was a beautiful program. Uncle's Ryan & Jason spoke and both gave fantastic talks. Reese, Braden, and MaShay sang, which I cried through. When it was time for her to go to the font I went and stood at the front so I could see her well. She was looking around the crowd nervously. I made eye contact with her and smiled, giving her a thumbs up. I am so proud of the little girl she is. I have put some heavy burdens on those little shoulders, particularly in the last seven months. I have relied on her to be my right hand when I was too sick to function. She is a world class big sister, and has helped me immensely in that regard. She has a good understanding of basic gospel principles and a desire to live them. I so appreciate her sensitivity and perceptiveness and leadership. I am grateful for her growing testimony and the things that she does on her own accord to nurture it. Her baptism day and all who participated in it were a lovely reflection of who she is and who she wants to become.




No comments:
Post a Comment