We went early in the season this year. It wasn't bitter cold, it wasn't at all crowded, we all loved on each other, and the lights, and the special spirit that was there.
 |
| Of course, Lila took a little siesta on the way there. While in the car, we packed up several goodie bags for the kids to give to the homeless we passed. |
 |
| Elise loved all the lights! |
 |
| This year they replaced all the usual framed art with the nativity story pictures. It was moving. I really appreciated them. I especially love this picture. It resonates with me, particularly being this pregnant at this time of year. I felt a special connection to Mary this time around. |
 |
| During the nativity presentation I sat next to Lila holding her hand. I was talking to her about everything that was happening. She asked me what worship means and we have a really sweet talk about what it means to worship the Savior. I was holding back tears, not only at my adoration of the Savior, but at Lila's pure love for Him. She may not know the big words that accompany an eloquent testimony, but her tenderness for Him is so evident, especially at this time of year. |
No comments:
Post a Comment