Thursday, August 7, 2014

Anabelle told me today that this game doesn't end

As of late, the girls have become a little consumed by an activity they have come to call "potions". What happens is, they draw really hard with sidewalk chalk, thus creating a dust. Someone then comes and sweeps the dust up into a seashell stolen from my personal collection. At this point, they turn on the water faucet that they can't turn off. They mix the water with the dust, creating a sort of paste. They then paint each others faces and hair with it. the mix several colors in different seashells using Popsicle sticks. The leader of the potion mixing (who of course is always always always always Anabelle), then instructs them on what colors she needs right then to make the perfect potion. Each potion is created with a purpose- I usually hear fainting potion being manufactured, but they do concoct others on occasion. They use and break all my shells, leave the front faucet on all night, cover their clothes and entire house (inside & out) in chalk, and have clumps of it their hair and eyebrows. It's a hot mess. I sort of love it. As they wake up in the morning, they hit the front porch and start working. My house could not look any tackier. But my kids are happy and that makes me happy. And I don't even want to have to mow around that stupid 'Yard of the Month' sign anyway. Because I'll probably mow the grass soon. Soonish. Sooner or later. Or later. Maybe I'll just wait for it to snow.  

Maisey raises her hand to ask a question to the potion boss. Surprise! Anabelle's in charge!








No comments: