Thursday, August 28, 2014

Where was I? Oh yeah, Cali trip 2014, pre-deployment, still day 1, OLD TOWN SD

We had the afternoon so we decided to pop into the Mormon Battalion museum. I have been there as a youth but, Wow!, they have made some upgrades. That place was fantastic in every way. We all loved it. Informative, fun, hands on, engaging, and we left with a coupon for free tacos down the street. Nothin but love for this place. 
The kids got to pan for gold at the end. Lila would have stayed there forever. We let her do it for the better part of an hour I think. 



They played "pioneers" as they have come to love doing. 
Not her though. She just ate stuff off the ground. Nothing too bad obviously because this was months ago and she's still going strong.


It's us! All of us! I love all of us!
The girls played in this wagon forever. I sat in the sun and rocked in a chair and watched them and felt immensely happy.

Eating octopus. And why shouldn't she enjoy the finer things in life? She's eaten her fair share of trash and rubbish off the floor. 
Watching the basketball game with Dad. 
Her too. Calamari and basketball. It's what vacations are made of. 
We roamed around Old Town and explored the shops. Braden discovered one place with hundreds of varieties of Root Beer. Which left him absolutely no choice but to try one. 
Pretty little Anabelle in a pretty little place. 

No comments: