Thursday, August 28, 2014

Removing all the mystery from our Monday night bath

There are several reasons why it is necessary for me to post 28 pictures of bath time. 

1) Since I have to be sitting there anyway to protect E from L's "hugs" that would surely result in choking, if not death, I decided it would be a good time to practice shooting in manual. And I have to document my progress. 
2) Kids are happy in the bath. They are themselves. It is easy and nearly effortless to capture their personalities in this setting. One day may kids may be horrified at the volume of naked pictures I have of them. And that's why they should always obey me. Also because it's a commandment. Also because I feed them Nutella for most meals often. 
3) Braden doesn't get to see E's personality unfolding. This is a fantastic way to show him who she is. She doesn't do this stuff on skype. She mostly yells to get at my electronic devices. 

She is always talking on the phone. She never actually has a phone, or even a toy phone for that matter. It doesn't stop her. She uses what she has and talks up a storm in Japanese. You can always understand her "Hello", but after that it's all about seaweed wraps and rice and fish and geishas. I can't say that emphatically, but that's just about all I know about Japan, and since I am positive she's speaking Japanese, I'm just connecting the dots here. That's why Anabelle and I call her "Japanese baby". Because we're very clever in our nicknames. 





Kissy face. Although she doesn't actually kiss that way. When it comes down to it she opens her mouth and slips you the tongue. Fair warning. 

 real, true, authentic belly laugh. 





This face is because the Beast is mean. And that makes Maisey sad. It doesn't make Elise sad. That is her bath toy of choice, always. If you could both see the rest of this picture, and also understand Japanese, you would hear Elise saying, "If you're going to cry about it, give back my phone!"




When I looked at this picture I thought, "Oh, that face". It's a face I've seen on Lila a thousand times. It's her "watching a baby" face. She loves a baby. 
See? I told you about the phone thing.

This is what "dead" looks like. No seriously, what it actually looks like. You know how I know? Because Maisey knows. In fact, there are very few things she does not know. Just ask her. She will explain a great many things to you. 




No comments: