Sunday, August 31, 2014

sisters, sand, and sea

We stayed with Nate for a few days in San Clemente. I loved running by the beach on those mornings. What  I wouldn't give to start my day that way all the time. I'm certain I would be a nicer person. And if I wasn't nicer, at least I'd be tanner. 

Anabelle and Lila loved the ocean. Maisey loved the sand. Elise loved the sand so much she ate it. Which we expected. But then she just kept eating it. And eating it. We thought she would realize, at some point, that it tastes gross. Because it is dirt and rocks and the pee of a thousand children. But no. She just kept eating it, fist fulls at a time. In the end, she is the reason we left. We were concerned she was going to be sick because we couldn't keep her away from it. Weird baby.










Doing what she does, wherever she is....
air guitar!
In this moment, she said these exact words to me: "Mom! I'm making my vagina!" I should have brought buckets. I didn't know that my failure to do so would result in vagina castles. How could I have known that? 

No comments: