We wanted to take a trip before Braden left. And since Sea World and the SD Zoo are driveable, freeish, and something our whole family loves, we decided to go for it again. The first night we got there we stayed at my friend Karen's house. She wasn't there, but she has a pool and a jacuzzi and I'm pretty sure if we did nothing else but that and then drove home, they would have had a great vacation. The next morning we woke up and headed down to San Diego. We went to the tide pools at the Navy base. Braden had the three bigs at the water and was feeling a bit annoyed at their lack of bravery. The high tide was scaring them and they have become totally unfamiliar with the ocean (sadly). A big wave came up on them and instinctively, Maisey and Lila grabbed each other and both yelled, "I got you! I got you!". Their concern for the other melted and softened his heart.
 |
| Maisey has a hobby of scaring birds. She found deep satisfaction in the beaches of California for that reason. |
 |
| Braden took the other girls to the car and Anabelle and I had a few minutes to explore the tide pools together. I loved doing that together, even if it was only 15 minutes, it made me really happy. |
 |
| While on the base, we were struck by the immense cemeteries we kept driving past. We pulled over and roamed around for a while. There was a sacred feeling there, particularly to be next to the ocean. You can't leave a place like that and not feel grateful. |
 |
| See? Look how grateful they feel. |
 |
| Elise was cracking us up playing peek-a-boo behind the headstones. |
No comments:
Post a Comment